Founded in 1997, the CUPPA Alumni Association (CUPPA-AA) is an initiative designed to offer educational and career development opportunities to alumni, current students, and faculty, to organize events and activities for the informal sharing and exchange of information and to encourage professional relationships.
The CUPPA Alumni Association strives to foster and strengthen relationships between alumni and the college. It offers the following benefits to members:
- Access to new and informative ideas in planning and policy from your colleagues. Networking and education events engage alumni in professional development topics that are both informative and current.
- Access to a broad network of professionals working every day in planning and policy issues in the public, non-profit and private sectors.
- The opportunity to re-establish a connection with the University of Illinois-Chicago and CUPPA.
- A way to promote the accomplishments and increase the visibility of the university and its students.
Our members engage in the following activities:
- We promote the College of Urban Planning and Policy by planning regular activities, networking opportunities and speaking engagements.
- We participate in planning and policy speaking engagements and community tours.
- We encourage alumni to support CUPPA financially and through voluntary activities such as career readiness events and student mentoring.
The Mission of CUPPA-AA Heading link
The goal of the CUPPA Alumni Association is to strengthen and enhance the professional and academic experience for alumni, students and faculty. The CUPPA Alumni Association offers educational and career development to alumni, students and faculty; organizes events/activities for the informal sharing/exchange of information and to encourage professional relationships; and lends support and provides input to the development of the college’s curriculum.