The Undergraduate Student Ambassador Program
A Leadership Opportunity for CUPPA Undergrads
The Student Ambassador Program in the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) is an opportunity for undergraduate students who are dedicated to serving and playing a special role in CUPPA. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as CUPPA representatives, and perform duties at various campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also perform duties within the Office of Academic Affairs over two-semesters with a commitment to a minimum of 40 hours of service.
Meet the 2022-23 CUPPA Ambassadors
Why serve as a Student Ambassador? Heading link
Benefits of Participation:
- You will expand your communication and leadership skills.
- You can gain opportunities to deal with a wide variety of people.
- You will work as a team with your peers.
- You can build your resume with letters of recommendation from the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, along with a certificate of appreciation from the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs signed by the college dean and Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Affairs.
- Student Ambassadors will receive a free College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs Ambassador t-shirt. (It’s cool.)
What does a Student Ambassador do? Heading link
Here’s the scoop. A CUPPA Student Ambassador is likely to do a bit of the following:
- provide various services and referrals to the campus,
- conduct campus tours for new students and guests,
- assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by CUPPA,
- assist in teaching the first-year seminar class,
- assist with variety of office related tasks,
- assist with all other duties,
- and engage in other fun activities and tasks.
How do I qualify? Heading link
To become a CUPPA Student Ambassador, the following criteria should be met:
- Must be currently enrolled at UIC/CUPPA.
- Must be currently registered for at least 12 credits.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Must be committed for two-semesters (Fall-Spring).
- Must attend Bi-monthly meetings and required trainings.
How do I apply? Heading link
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application
- Submit the application by May 1 for the upcoming academic year.
Please note that applying to the Student Ambassador program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.