Undergraduate Conference Travel Awards
CUPPA Travel Award for Undergraduate Conference Attendance
The College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs is launching a program to support undergraduate travel to attend professional conferences. Applications for conference attendance during the remainder of Spring semester will be accepted until February 23.
o Program is open to students with senior standing in the Public Policy and Urban Studies majors.
o Up to 4 students will be reimbursed for up to $750 of costs related to registration, travel, and accommodations for one of the following professional conferences:
- APA Planning Conference (New Orleans, April 21-24);
- Urban Affairs Association Annual Conference (Toronto, April 4-7);
- American Society of Public Administration (Denver, March 9-13);
- Any other professional conference related to the field of study, with adequate justification.
o To apply for the award, please submit the following materials, as a package, to email@example.com with the subject line CUPPA CONFERENCE AWARD:
1) A 250-word statement of interest detailing the conference you wish to attend and its relation to your academic or career interests;
2) A letter of support from a faculty mentor; and
3) A proposed conference session program related to your field of study.
o The application deadline is February 23, 2018.
o Selection will be made by the Office of Academic Affairs in consultation with Directors of Undergraduate Study.
Student attendees will be required to make a follow-up presentation at a seminar later in the spring.
Please feel free to contact Phil Ashton, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the Award or the application process.