UIC GIS Day 2018!
November 16, 2018
9:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Richard J. Daley Library, Room 1-470
801 S Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60607
CalendarDownload iCal File
Join the Urban Data Visualization Lab (UDVL) and the University Library on Friday, November 16th, 2018, from 9:45 am – 3:00 pm to celebrate GIS Day 2018 at the Richard J. Daley Library (1-470). This event is free and open to the public, and is made possible through the generous support of the Sööt Family Fund. Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.
GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and visualization techniques allow us to organize, analyze, and communicate data. GIS Day is an opportunity to celebrate innovative projects that use these techniques, network with other users, and participate in hands-on applications of the technologies. Whether you are new to these technologies or an expert, GIS Day will give you the chance to see examples of data visualization work, stay informed on the latest developments, and think more about how these techniques can be applied to your classwork, to your research, and in your career.
Program for 2018 GIS day:
Registration 9:45AM – 10:00AM
Welcome 10:00am – 10:15am
Presentations 10:15am – 12:15pm
- Geospatial intelligence for scaling up spatiotemporal dynamics and controls of infectious diseases by Tekleab Shibru Gala, Chicago State University
- Crowdsourcing biodiversity assessments from individual cameras by Tanya Berger-Wolf, University of Illinois-Chicago
- Social Media Network Analysis of Online Interactions by Stephen Kleinschmit, University of Illinois-Chicago·Games,
- Graphics, and GIS by Devin Lavigne, Houseal Lavigne Associates
Lunch and poster session 12:15pm – 1:30pm
Hands-on workshops 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- QGIS 3: New Features and Techniques by Cassie Follett
- uGRIDD: A Georeferenced Big Data Platform by Zhong Chen
REGISTER to attend UIC GIS Day 2018
NEW THIS YEAR - CALL FOR POSTERS, DEADLINE November 9th 2018:
We welcome posters about research or applications of spatial analysis and visualization across all disciplines. The call for posters is open to all professionals and academics (students, faculty, and researchers), from UIC and other institutions who use and develop these techniques.
SUBMIT YOUR POSTER ABSTRACT to present at UIC GIS Day 2018:
Poster abstract submission for GIS Day 2018
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or visit our website: http://udv.lab.uic.edu. Thank you in advance on behalf of UDVL for making GIS Day 2018 a success!
Oct 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018